Monday, September 1, 2008

What I learned from Panic at the Disco’s gig the other week.


The Academy Is…… the biggest pop rock cliché ever. Lanky kids with skinny leg jeans and long hair, screaming lame ass songs to teenage kids in a mosh. Oh yea, all under flashing strobe lights. I felt like I was in that Sony Ericsson Ad.

Free tickets are hella good! Best seats ever, right next to the stage. Jo and I had the option of going into the ‘Panic Pit’ (she had actually bought tickets ages ago), but one look at the crowd confirmed that we, in fact were kidding ourselves to even think we could deal with ‘mosh’ (it was PATD for gods sake- mosh?!).

PATC aren’t all emo-y anymore. I’m kinda disappointed.

Their new stuff isn’t well, like their old stuff. It’s all happy and not so cynical. I’m a little more disappointed.

The guitar dudes- all three of them- talk a lot. I’ve never seen an artist/s talk so much.

They’re down with detail. The stage set was gorgeous and themed with their album artwork, so all whimsical, storybook garden like. Just as awesome was their video artist. Probably the best I’ve seen besides Dj Shadow’s.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home