Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Horrorshow, Spit Syndicate & Made in Japan @ The Roxbury Glebe



Reasons why last Friday was a super awesome gig:

• Nick Lupi is hot. Like really hot. And also very 21.

Spit Syndicate and Horrorshow are good. Amazing. They can actually sing as well which is a huge point of difference between them and other mcs.

• Lyrics. I LOVE lyrics. I don’t want to use the line ‘Backstreet Boys of ‘hiphop’ but in terms of whooing girls- these guys have hit the mark. A song called ‘Walk you Home’?, and basically all of ‘All Summer Long’…..swoon!

• It was an acoustic gig, got that- hip-hop acoustic! Not that way out there, but has it been done before? Not that I’ve seen so far.

• We had the best seats in the house. Had the conversation with Josh about how you know you’re getting old when you start turning up to gigs early to get seats. I like to think we’re somewhere in the middle (although we did do it for CSS), cause we turned up and rearranged the furniture so we had a couch on the balcony looking onto the stage. A COUCH!

• Cause they got drunk. Like, really drunk. I don’t know why but it made it all the more amusing. They started off all good, but then the JUGS of beer they were drinking started to all kick in. So funny. I don’t know if they timed it really well, or they were just really lucky they didn’t have another song.

Made in Japan played acoustic as well. I think I saw these guys at the OAF, but I don’t really remember (hazy). Fyi, they’re NOT hip-hop, but they are really good. I like them alottt. They remind of Kings of Convenience- he has a great voice. My favourite song is Interscope (such a sucker for lyrics!).

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home