Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ed, here's ten reasons which prove Australian music doesn’t suck (in no particular order)


1. The Saints – ha! Throwing this one back at cha…

2. The Presets – even if you don’t personally love their work, it’s undeniable that they have almost single handedly changed the landscape of Australian dance music.

3. Architecture in Helsinki – everything I’ve ever wanted in a pop band

4. My Disco – Perfect Perfection, need I say any more about these guys?

5. Machine Gun Fellatio/ Pinky Beecroft - Not just cause I saw him last week. “The Girl of My Dreams” says it all

6. The Avalanches – ‘Since I Left You’ is one of the best albums ever. EVER.

7. Spoonbill – Knowing him there may be some bias, but in any case, a ton of other people agree he’s amazing too.

8. Unkle Ho – A story and fantasy to float away to in every track he’s touched. Plus the fact he seems so incredibly dorky adds to the genius. I hope he doesn’t think I’m stalking him. Cause I am, but it would be awkward.

9. Pendulum – Drum and bass? From WA? Famous? There’s a reason why.

10. Gotye – See past the mainstream pop and you get an amazing voice, an amazing drummer and work that’s totally unique.


And that’s leaving off all the stuff you wouldn’t even like….Horrorshow…Rumpunch…Deepchild…The Herd…Made in Japan…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home