Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Disco Countdown


My my disco countdown has begun, thanks to Jo for letting me know they were playing in Sydney. I missed their last show because I am a notorious piker, (in my defence, it was a bad hangover) but this one promises to be excellent and I can't wait to see the boys hammer out the new material on a bigger and better stage. You really need to see My Disco live to undertand their aesthetic, there's just this build up of sound, not a wall, more like a the unfolding of an enormous maze constructed from basic bolts and enormous steel bolsters. The vocals are sparse and barking, but hey, less is more. Last time I saw them it was also a spiritual experience at Revolver, the crowd was in this perfect state of silent appreciation throughout the set - I know silence at a gig sounds bad, but it was a good silence - as though noone wanted to break the spell...

So, see you there then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home